The Fairytale Path

Waking in the morning is never a pleasant process, at least in our household. There is a lot of mumbling, tossing around until you get the courage to get up and trying to open your eyes. Unfortunately for my husband it is his duty to make breakfast so lucky me gets extra 10 minutes of waking up – I usually use them for a quiet nap in the middle of the bed.

Then there is the normal daily routine – eating, showering, ironing the clothes and what not. Don’t forget the running around the house in the last remaining seconds looking for your mobile/wallet/other small not so significant stuff.

However, since we moved house about a month ago there is that silver lining that makes the leaving of the house not such a gloomy business. My friends, I present to you the Path. Yes, with a capital letter! And deservedly so. Imagine a paved path in the forest and put a pinch of urbanization in it. Imagine a path that weaves its way down like a serpent surrounded by lush greenery. Imagine the song of the birds, the wonderful scent of blooming flowers and the freshness of the air. And now imagine the bunnies which dash to the bush when they hear your footsteps.

No, I am not telling you about the scene from Snow White where she sings in the forest and birds perch on her shoulders and animals come to sit with her. But it resembles it quite a lot. And let me tell you – it makes my day (although I usually walk on the path late in the afternoon. But my husband says it is great in the morning as well). Admittedly, it is not as fun when going up as it is very steep but my heart pounds proudly when I make it to the top! And let me tell you, there is always a smile on my face when I get to the path.



So, to all of you skeptics out there – yes, there is a bright side to getting up and going to work! You just have to find it :) 

Коментари

Популярни публикации